The DSC Düsseldorf Antlers Lacrosse Program is inviting applications for the position of Coach/Player. This position is a minimum 12-month appointment with the possibility of annual renewal. Your main source of income will be working at a local language school gaining experience in education management. This is a great opportunity for recent graduates to gain experience internationally, learn a new language and to build your resume both as a teacher and as a coach.
Coaching/ player experience; University/College degree, required.
· Knowledge of the sport and ability to teach both fundamentals and advanced strategies of the game.
· Strong personality with good communication skills.
· Adaptable to new situations and willing to take on new challenges
· Open minded and highly motivated
· Experience working in a professional setting preferably in a technical or financial industry (internship experience is acceptable)
· Experience leading groups of individuals
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Proficiency in speaking in front of groups and effective presentation skills
· General knowledge of the English language
· Interest in teaching and gaining experience in an international setting
· TESOL/TEFL or equivalent certification
The coach is responsible for all phases of the DSC women’s and/or men’s team. The main responsibility of the coach is to build on the already established program through organized practices. Other responsibilities include supporting the manager in the areas of administration and promotion. Such tasks include promotion and recruitment of new players, ordering new equipment and communicating with our financial department. We will also ask for your involvement in the development of the youth program when possible.
The Lacrosse Program of DSC is a member of the Bundesliga West which one of the four premiere leagues in Germany. The DSC Duesseldorf Antlers are part of Germany’s oldest hockey-club, the DSC, which was founded in 1899. The Program is one of the TOP 5 in Germany and includes men’s, women’s and youth teams.
The city is located in central Europe. It’s just a 3h car ride to the famous Europe cities Amsterdam, Berlin and Paris. Or just Plane ride away from Athens, London, Madrid, Prague and Rome. Duesseldorf is an international city where a lot of cultures are represented. It has a huge English speaking community, which is open minded and welcoming.
Applicants must submit a professional resume, cover letter, and a list of current references to:
+49 160 6895 093
From there we will contact you for an interview and further discuss your qualifications. To secure the position as a teacher, it is necessary to meet and hold an interview with the language company in person.
We look forward to hearing from you!